Trusted Fly Fishing Experts
Aardvark McLeod and its expert fly fishing staff would not suggest a camp or lodge to you unless one of us or one of our clients has been there. We have fished with the guides, eaten the food, and slept in the beds.
We travel every few months to see new properties and to re-visit old favorites. We look at numerous operations on these trips. Only by actually seeing what is out there can we be sure we are offering you the best advice.
Where possible, Aardvark McLeod will use small, owner run camps and lodges so you can experience the best fishing away from the crowds.
We also understand that a guide can make or break your trip. The fishing is paramount and the operations we use also tend to employ the best guides.
Understanding the significance of an individual’s experience, we know where you can go for your first trip to feel comfortable and return a considerably better fisherman. From spending more than twenty years travelling the world, we also know where the veteran fisherman should go for the next challenge, or which lodges will allow fishermen and non-fishing families to enjoy themselves without compromise.
Feedback is critical to Aardvark McLeod and we will speak to you on your return. We want to hear about your trip and find that client feedback (both good and occasionally bad) helps keep us abreast of changes on the ground.
Whether you are an individual, couple, family, or a group, we can help you plan your itinerary and ensue that you enjoy your fishing with absolute confidence and security.
Aardvark McLeod specializes in tailor made, high quality fishing trips away from the crowds. You may be going on a fishing trip for the first time and not know where to start, in which case we will spend as long as it takes to design an itinerary to suit your wishes. If you are an experienced traveler looking for something different, we can advise you on new discoveries we have made through our own extensive travels. Even if you have only got a preliminary idea, we are very happy to talk to you at the earliest stage of planning.
Because we are able to negotiate good rates with our suppliers, you do not pay any more than if you booked the trip yourself. However, the advantages of using an experienced tour operator are:
- Guarantee of financial security through our ATOL bonding with the CAA. These bonds protect clients should either we, or our suppliers, cease trading.
- Friendly advice from knowledgeable experienced fishing and travel experts (see About us for further details).
- Hassle free arrangements including full itinerary planning, providing the most effective routings and avoiding unnecessary (and costly) stopovers.
- A full emergency back up service, both from ourselves and through local representatives on the ground, in case you have any difficulties whilst you are away.
- All the flights and flight-inclusive holidays on this website are financially protected by the
- ATOL scheme. When you pay you will be supplied with an ATOL Certificate. Please ask for it and check to ensure that everything you booked (flights, hotels and other services) are listed on it. Please see our booking conditions for further information. For more information about financial protection and the ATOL Certificate go to www.atol.org.uk/ATOLCertificate.
For those trips that are not covered by our ATOL bond, 9389, we have Total Payment Protection (topp) Policy cover in place.
In compliance with the UK Package Travel, Package Holidays and Package Tours Regulations 1992 an insurance policy has been arranged with Travel & General Insurance Services Limited (tagis), to protect customers’ prepayments in the unlikely event of our financial failure and paid in respect of:
Non-flight inclusive packages commencing and returning to the UK:
The ground handling aspects of packages where the customer is responsible for arranging travel to the destination offered on this website (subject to the terms of the insurance policy), for a refund of such prepayments if customers have not yet traveled, or making arrangements to enable the holiday to continue if customers have already traveled.
Customers’ prepayments are protected by a topp policy.
In the unlikely event of financial failure please contact the claims helpline on 0870 0137 965. A copy of the policy is available on request.
This policy is provided by Travel & General Insurance Services Limited (tagis), registered number 02527363 and underwritten by International Insurance Company of Hannover plc (Inter Hannover), registered number 01453123. tag is and Inter Hannover are authorized and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.