Crystal clear rivers, Atlantic salmon and dry fly fishing; Camp Bonaventure and Salmon Lodge on Canada’s Gaspé Peninsula offer some of the finest salmon fishing available.
Camp Bonaventure is the premier Atlantic salmon lodge on Quebec’s Gaspé Peninsula on the east coast of Canada and was awarded the Orvis Endorsed Lodge of the year in 2013 and 2014. The lodge is ideally located to allow clients the opportunity to fish the Bonaventure River, the Petit and the Grand Cascapedia rivers from June to September. These three rivers vary in their character, the Bonaventure and Petit Cascapedia running gin clear and the Grand Cascapedia clear but tea tinted.
The fishing is normally by wading, but earlier in the year when water levels are higher canoes may be used to access some of the beats. Gaspé is famous for its big fish and these rivers regularly catch fish over 30lbs, even up to 40lbs. The chance of being able to sight cast to fish this size using dry flies in crystal clear water is unique to this part of the world.
2015 Availability: Camp Bonaventure
- June 7th to 10th for 4 rods, 3 days fishing.
- July 11th to 15th for 2 rods, 4 days fishing.
- July 19th to 22nd for 2 rods, 3 days fishing.
- August 2nd to 9th for 3 rods, 7 days fishing – Henrik Mortensen hosted week.
- August 30th to September 3rd for 2 rods, 4 days fishing – prime dry fly dates.
2015 Availability; Salmon Lodge
- June 14th to 17th for 1 rod, 3 days fishing.
- July 30th to August 5th for 2 rods, 6 days fishing.
- August 9th to 16th for 3 rods, 7 days fishing – Henrik Mortensen hosted week.
- August 30th to September 2nd 4 rods, 3 days fishing.
- September 6th to 13th for 4 rods, 7 days fishing.
- September 13th to 16th for 4 rods, 3 days fishing.
Prices are in Canadian Dollars and include all taxes; $3,190 for three days, $4,255 for four days, $6,380 for six days and $7,445 for seven days.
For more information or to make a booking please contact Steffan Jones or call our office on +44(0)1980 847389.